Sunday, March 8, 2009

Spring?

This weekend was great. What great weather! In the 70s. I set out this weekend to accomplish as much as possible.


Saturday we woke up early and went garage saleing. There were none in our area. We decided to drive to south Huntsville and check out that area. Darrin and I had great conversation. We went to many sales in the area. I purchased another mixer for $1. I guess I am collecting them for above my cabinets in the kitchen. I also bought another book (25 cents) for the lake house. I only have books that are about the water/boats or have that in the title or have a picture on the cover that is "lake house." I bought a duck statue for the back yard(25 cents) and Darrin bought a trolley for the Christmas village for $5.

After garage saleing I baked all the cakes for Terry & Kim's wedding cake for next weekend. I made the bottom layer white 12 inch then chocolate 10 inch and the top is 6 inch white. I also baked the grooms cake in lemon because there was already plenty of chocolate. While I was baking I cleaned out the flower beds in the back and transplanted three trees. I also set-up and cleaned David's tent the I used for the Freze Out.. When Darrin got back home we went to the home show. That was fun and I enjoyed looking at all the new ideas. I am really excited about spray foam for the attic that makes the attic the same temp as the house. They say that saves money. I also like the lift that would make Christmas so much easier.
Sunday morning I woke up early and dyed my hair. I also baked the last of the cakes for the wedding I thought. It didn't rise like I wanted so I had to bake another cake later in the day. When Darrin got up we went to the lake house and Darrin put down weed control on the lawn and I went through some of the stuff at the lake house and brought back home 8 boxes of stuff. When we got home I baked that last cake and put all the stuff away from the boxes. I like the kitchen now. I love my stuff. I also put up the stuff up in the bathroom.

I spent the evening making the fisherman for the grooms cake. This has been a great weekend and I am ready to go back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment