Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Long Weekend in Atlanta

I left work early on Wednesday. I drove to Jasper, GA to be with my Dad and Maria. Dad was having a scan again and we knew the news was not going to be good. When I arrived we went to dinner at a Italian place. They had a buffet and it was good but we all except Dad ate to much. Gina, Maria and I had cookies and decided they were the only things we should have eaten.

Dad and Maria decided that Dad needed to move upstairs. This is a wise move for them. Dad is on crutches and does not need to go up and down the steps.

On Thursday we went to Decatur GA to the VA and Dad got to drink the nasty stuff and get a CT scan. We stayed the night at the Marriott. We went to dinner at Maria and Dads favorite Chinese place and again ate to much food. This photo of Joe and Maria is the view form the hotel.
On Friday we got the results. This took all day cause the results were not good. They changed the treatment to a IV chemo. After we left the VA we went back to Jasper and met Gina for dinner at Crust.

Saturday morning Maria and I went garage saleing. Between the tow of us we spent 4 dollars. I agree with Maria it was a bust. Then I drove home....
Well I got as far as Dalton and the front tire began to come apart. I drove to Walmart and had a new set of tires put on. I drove the rest of the way home in what seemed to feel like a brand new car.

I finished some sewing I had and rearranged my sewing room. It now makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment