Monday, March 26, 2012

St Patty's Day Celebration

     For St Patty's Day I decided to make a "traditional Irish dinner" and invite some friends over. 
    I have always wanted to entertain like my parents did.  Mom sure could cook. 
     I bought green plates and made napkins from some scraps to decorate the table.  I got out my grandmother Shiff's salad bowls.
    Then I looked though Pinterest and found some recipes "Irished" enchiladas and chocolate chip cookie cake. I also served a green salad and Toni brought Waldorf salad.  The enchilada recipe I modified to be more like Pam Worley's recipe.  I added cream to the recipe.  Then I got the spinach shells and cut them like a three leaf clover.  The cake was amazing.
I invited two couples over for the dinner Liz & Michael and Toni & Dean.  We sat at the table and laughed and talked for hours and had a bunch of fun.  We need to do that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment