Friday, March 20, 2009

The Wedding in Paducka

I made the cakes and all the flowers ahead of time so that when we got to David's apartment I would be able to just decorate the cakes and make the grooms cake before going to the site. Darrin and I both got off early and headed to David's before 2 p.m. Arriving around 6 p.m. We unload everything and went out to dinner at Texas Road House. We enjoyed the time with David.


After getting back to David's I started icing the cakes. I only needed to put the smooth layer on the wedding cake layers. That didn't take long. I put the cake together on site. That was interesting to have an audience. The flowers were made of fondant and on toothpicks. Really is a pretty cake and I was surprised that everybody ate the roses. It was a hit! The top layer and bottom layer were vanilla and the middle layer was chocolate.


Then I started on the grooms cake and worked on it for hours. I think it turned out cool. I assembled it at the wedding site. I made myself finish the wedding cake first. This was the cake I really wanted to do. I had fun thinking about what to do for this cake.

David and I split a lunch that was awesome.


The wedding was Saturday evening and I took lots of photos. I danced with Darrin a few times. I had fun with David's co-workers. The food was very good at the resort. The room was wonderful and I loved the cabin feel to the whole site.

Thanks David for this adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment