Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I am thankful that I am forgiven because I fall so short

For this season I have chosen to write everyday until Thanksgiving here what I am thankful for. Today I am thankful for forgiveness. I make so many mistakes everyday. I let my mouth just run away and say things that are spiteful and cruel without even thinking about it. I forget to return phone calls to people that are waiting on answers. I ignore people on purpose.
My Lord forgives me for these things and teaches me how to be a better person. I have learned so much about forgiving in the past few years. Forgiving someone for some way they have violated you is not easy. I seem to like to hold onto many things that I should let go. And some things I think I have let go, but then I drag them up again years later.
I have learned that we must forgive those that trust pass against us. I have learned that forgiveness is without condition. The other person does not have to change and most likely wont. I have learned the to forgive is not the same as forget. To forgive comes from me, a choice that I make.
What is even more awesome is that my God forgives me for my short falls. He did not have to learn to forgive He already new how. He does not go back and question His forgiveness. Once He forgives it is forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment