Saturday, June 19, 2010

It's the Small Blessing That Count!

Rough rides are expected.  That is what it has been for the past 5 weeks.  The unknown is frightening and sobering.  I am clinging to this verse today Isaiah 41:10 - Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.

Helping Dad through this final stage of his life is hard. 

I am thankful for the friends that God has put in my path.  Bobi Ann and her sweet family.  I know that Bobi Ann is my prayer warrior and faithful friend.  I feel those prayers that I know come from her family when I just don't know what to do to help to make Dad comfortable.

I am thankful for my friend Karen that has been a vital part of my cloud of witness.  So many times she has put me back on track and offered her help to me.  Today she said she would just rearrange her schedule and come clear across town just to cut my fathers hair. Simple acts of kindness from two people God has placed in my life.

I am also thankful to my living God and Savour for the smallest of pleasures.  Dad's first bird in the bird feeder was the most amazing little red bird.  He danced in the window for Dad for more than 15 minutes.

The sky that He painted tonight was very impressive with it beauty.  Could not pass up to opportunity to take several photos of it.




Thanks for the small blessings!!

1 comment:

  1. You are so right...all 4 of us love you so much. I pray for you very often and know that God is guiding you through this difficult time. You are an amazing woman & I love to see how God is using you.

    ReplyDelete