Thursday, July 14, 2016

Did Job Bake a Cake?

    Baking cakes is not a new thing for me.  I have made over 400 cakes over the last 8 years.  A lot of them wedding cakes.

    Wedding cakes are scary.  They are a once in a lifetime event.  There is so much that can go wrong with the cake.

    When I got home yesterday with Barrett we made a cake that was half white and half chocolate.  He was so good about helping.  I let him (with help) put all the ingredients in the mixers.  He wanted to crack the eggs all by himself.

    Because I was doing two flavors of cake, I used both my mixer and Bobby Sue's mixer.  When we turned them on for the two minutes Barrett got so excited.  He shock his head in a circle to follow the beater. He squealed with happiness a few times as well.  He was covered from head to toe with chocolate cake batter.

    It was a lot of fun to bake cakes with him.

   The whole time I was teaching Barrett how to bake cakes I thought about how God had taught me so many things.  This verse came to mind. "Teach me, and I will be silent; And show me how I have erred" Job 6:24

    I have taken so many classes over the years and learned a lot about God.  I have not been the ideal student.  I want to learn but I don't want to listen and I really don't want to know where I have messed up
.
    I need to take a lesson from Barrett.  He eagerly waited for the next instruction and boldly tried to accomplish the task.  He would spill something and say "Oh No" and look to me for a way to correct the mistake.

    I wonder if God enjoys watching us try to accomplish a task he had given us as much as I enjoyed watching Barrett.  I know I will mess up things.  I know I will try hard to do it right,  I hope that I will continue to have a child like attitude.

    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment